Thanks for dropping into my Designblog



01 December 2010

I have always been very proud of my nationality and today,
the 1st of December back in 1918 is the day
when Iceland became Fully Sovereign State - independent from other states and powers
thanks to a man named Jón Sigurðsson,
it is also the day when I became a mother for the very first time.
My oldest son Krister Blær is 15 today and he will be having five of his closest friends around tonight. Icelanders use the Icelandic flag a lot and many homes have their own flag in their garden. On this day there are flags on both sides along the high street in my home town and
I still remember walking towards the window with the best view over town
just after I gave birth to Krister Blær and seeing the Icelandic flag everywhere,
I thought to my self – yes I am a mother.
It is also the day when we put up half of the Christmas decorations in our home
it is such a happy day – I just love it.

Those amazing images are from Iceland as you might be able to guess
and I think they are just outstandingly perfect.
Have a nice day –
yours Hulda Ingibjörg Skúladóttir


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...