Thanks for dropping into my Designblog



16 January 2011


Those images show our flat in Kopavogur, Iceland.
A flat that I designed and me and my husband worked on,
yes we became builders for a few weeks back in the summer of 2006 just before we moved to England, something that we have done before and we both LOVE doing. There is nothing that comes close to the fun of tiling, braking down walls, putting up fittings etc.
and for me, as a designer, there is no better way to learn.
The flat was designed and made ready to rent out for few years.

.My preparation work involved, to create a design for the space, which included price lists, supplier’s lists, mood boards, sample boards using as many local environmental materials as possible. Drawings -
a combination of hand drawn and computer generated drawings of electricity, plumbing, fittings, layout, flooring, lighting etc.
with human behaviour and interaction in mind.

.............................................Happy Sunday.
..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...